Red Shield Appeal launched in Sydney

May 5, 2017

 

This week, more than 500 people attended the annual lunch in Sydney, which marks the official launch of The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal.

 

Woolworths’ chief executive Brad Banducci was the event’s principal speaker.

 

At the launch, Mr Banducci spoke about diversity, closing the “gender pay gap” and moving to increase the number of indigenous workers.

 

“It was a great honour to be asked to speak at the Red Shield Appeal launch and we’re looking forward to welcoming the Salvo teams and their volunteers at our stores on the weekend of the 27 and 28 May,” Mr Banducci told Warcry.

 

Woolworths has partnered with the Salvos across various initiatives since the 1950s, and the supermarket chain is delighted to support the Red Shield Appeal, he said.

 

 “Last year, we further cemented this partnership with the launch of STAND (Support Through Australian Natural Disasters) to give greater focus to fundraising efforts for the great work of the Salvos.

 

“The value of the partnership was further highlighted in the aftermath of Cyclone Debbie,​ ​when The Salvation Army, through its STAND partnership with Woolworths, responded to help meet the essential needs of those most impacted by the disaster, many of whom had lost everything.”

 

At the time of writing, the appeal raised $950,000 from donations including a $200,000 contribution from the NSW government.

 

Please reload

current issue

Vol. 138, No. 44 // 2 November 2019

1/1
Please reload

Pick up Warcry today from your local Salvation Army church or any Salvos Stores.

feature
Please reload

Please reload